As a Seller, these are important considerations prior to listing your home:
- Price it right. Set a price at the lower end of your property’s realistic price range.
- Get your house market-ready for at least two weeks before you begin showing it.
- Be flexible about showings. It’s often disruptive to have a house ready to show on the spur of the moment, but the more often someone can see your home, the sooner you’ll find a seller.
- Be ready for the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable.
- Don’t refuse to drop the price. Decide in advance with your Realtor, the frequency at which you will review showing activity and Buyer agent feedback. If your home has been on the market for a number of days without reasonable Buyer interest, be prepared to lower your asking price.