History

The City of Menifee is located in Southwestern Riverside County, California. Incorporation occurred in 2008. According to the 2010 census reports, the Menifee population is approximately 78,000. Expectations are that the population will grow to 100,000 by 2020. The City covers approximately 50 square miles.

The community of Menifee is well established. There is a strong density of owner-occupied homes. Owner-occupied homes represent approximately 76.9% of Menifee housing units. The remaining housing units, approximately 23.1%, are occupied by renters. At the time of the census, the rental and home-owner vacancy rates were 6.8% and 4.1% respectively.

CA Map

Google Map and direction finder

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Menifee+CA&hl=en

The Menifee area is rich in Native American history. The native tribes were Luiseno and Pechanga Indians. As a result of the Mexican-American War, the United States gained possession of this region. Mining and farming were the center of life in the Valleys. The development of Menifee was put on the map when a retirement community was built by Del Webb. Menifee is a bedroom community, with a large part of the population driving to nearby cities to work. This trend is slowly changing due to substantial growth trend in Menifee.